Music Moments | Online Moments | Movie Moments | Beauty Moments | Fashion Moments | Thrift Moments | Random Moments

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tv Tuesdays | Pretty Little Liars: Change is Coming (Spoilers)

Hi all, 
Today I wanted to talk a little about one of my favorite shows, Pretty Little Liars. This post will contain spoilers for the most recent shown season, so if you don't want anything spoiled, then please don't continue to read.
I'm not going to be doing a review of this show, though in the future, I may, but for this post I wanted to focus on the ending of season 6a. The last episode Game Over, Charles, is I would say the most anticipated episode ever. The answers we got in that episode were one after the other, and for the most part I thought it was a fantastic episode.
However, I want to voice my opinions about the ending. The five year time skip, was entirely unexpected to me, and I don't quite know what to think about it.
On the one hand, I understand why they're doing it, because the ages the girls were getting to, graduating and heading off to college, it would have been difficult to keep things going. So in that sense I do get why they're moving things ahead. However, a five year time skip, feels like we're going to lose a lot of the storyline from the current timeline. Though we got a lot of answers, it didn't all feel well wrapped up. There are still a lot of questions, and reactions I'd like to see.
They never did deal with the girls moms, all being locked in the basement. So I guess we just assume they got out, and we won't get to see their reactions, or the girls to everything that happened.
Moving ahead so much, I also wonder about the sub plots. The relationships, which we've spent five and a half seasons watching develop, and now we're skipping so much time, that things will have changed drastically.
I'll admit, I'm intrigued about how this skip is going to play out, what it is that's brought the girls back together, and how well they'll go into what happened while they were all away from Rosewood. However, I do have my concerns, and top among them, is that the series won't be as good with such a drastic change, as it has been to this moment.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to the time skip? Or do you have some concerns?

No comments:

Post a Comment