Music Moments | Online Moments | Movie Moments | Beauty Moments | Fashion Moments | Thrift Moments | Random Moments

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Tv Tuesdays | Downton Abbey | Beginning of the End

Hi all,
Just as a warning, if you're not caught up to the current episode shown in the UK. Please be aware there will be spoilers ahead.
This past weekend saw the start of the final series of Downton Abbey. I've been a fan of the show since the very beginning, and so it's sad to see it coming to an end. However, I do feel as if it's time to let this one go. 
What was, in the first two seasons, an incredible show and one of my favorites, has in my opinion lost some of its appeal in later seasons. This is largely in part, to the departure of some of my favorite characters. However, I was still pleased to have it back, and I am looking forward to seeing how it all ends.
As far as the first episode goes. I think it did a good job of laying out what the main storylines will be over the course of the final season. Each key character has a little something going on, from the upcoming wedding of Carson and Mrs Hughes to Edith and Mary both breaking out on their own in their individual ways, tackling the working world either at home or away from it.
There seem to be some interesting things on the horizon, and already I was getting ideas in my head about how all of the storylines will tie off.
No doubt, this season will see some love interests cropping up for Mary, and possibly even Edith, who up until this point, has not been doing well in the love department. Here's hoping she'll get a better ride in the last season. It's about time she had some positivity in her storylines.
I'd like to believe we've seen the end of the deaths, but this is Downton, so I'm not counting anything out just yet. 
All in all, I liked the first episode, and found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion, which was nice after some serious heart wrenching episodes in the past.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, and depending on how things go and if I have things to say, I may be writing more about the season before it's over.
For now, I'll just say that I'm happy to have Downton back on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment