Music Moments | Online Moments | Movie Moments | Beauty Moments | Fashion Moments | Thrift Moments | Random Moments

Sunday 26 April 2015

TV Moments | Poldark Review

Hi all,
Today marks the end of a series I have been watching avidly. The BBC mini series of Poldark. If you don't know what Poldark is, I'll fill you in a little.
Poldark is a series based off of the book series by Winston Graham. It follows Ross Poldark, as he returns from the American War of Independence to his beloved Cornwall. Returning he finds his world in ruins. His father dead. Their mines closed. His house wrecked and his sweetheart engaged.

The series moves fast, and over the eight episodes, it covers a lot of years. So much happens that the pacing of the show never feels slow. 
I think one of the best things about this show, is how amazing the characters are. Ross Poldark is a character you can really root for. He has this unfaltering integrity, and he stands up and fights for what he believes in.
Demelza, was an amazing character as well, and played so well. I loved her generosity, and the development of her character.
Each of the characters was portrayed perfectly, and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking any of the roles. There was a wonderful balance of good characters, and well played villains.
There were definitely highs and lows in the emotion of this series. It moved swiftly between happy moments, and despair. 

The series as a whole was fantastic. I'll definitely be tuning in to the second series when it airs. I'll also be getting the books, and working my way through them.
This has fast become one of my favorite shows. I'd highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment