Music Moments | Online Moments | Movie Moments | Beauty Moments | Fashion Moments | Thrift Moments | Random Moments

Monday 16 June 2014

Music Moments | Covers

Hi Guys,
I wanted to write up something about some songs that I've been loving recently, and then I realised that a lot of what I've been obsessing over, are all covers of other songs, all of which I prefer the cover to the original version.

Dreams by Bastille and Gabrielle Aplin

I've heart a lot of different versions of this song, and I've liked a lot of them as well, however nothing can really beat this version for me. There's something so pure about Gabrielle Aplin's voice, which just works perfectly for this song, and the lead singer of Bastille, Dan Smith, has an incredible voice. This is definitely the kind of song I can happily hit repeat on several times in a row.

What Would You Do by Bastille

Bastille again. When I first heart this song, I knew I recognised it but I couldn't place where I knew it from, so I did a quick google search and found the original. A version I hadn't heard it a really long time, and I was immediately struck by how amazingly Bastille had interpreted the song. It's definitely one of my favourites.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Greg Laswell

I cannot tell you how much I love this song. I haven't ever heard someone take this song and make it something so drastically different.
Cyndi Laupers version is fun and upbeat, and it's really cheesy. Fun to dance around to and sing along with, but cheesy.
This version makes it seem like an entirely different song, and it flaws me every time I listen to it. His voice is stunning and this is truly one of my all time favourite songs.

You Are my Sunshine by The Civil Wars

I adore The Civil Wars, and this is one of my favourite songs of theirs. I love the chill that this song sends through me, and the simplicity of the guitar backing and vocals.
I've always liked this song, but this version takes it to a whole new level.

I Kissed a Girl by William Fitzsimmons

Let me start by saying that I don't like the Katy Perry version of this song, and yet when I heard this version I was astounded. There's something about this guys voice which is so easy to listen to, and he makes this song his own in a truly wonderful way.

Skinny Love by Birdy

Probably quite an obvious choice considering how phenomenally popular this song was when it was released, but it had to make it onto my list, because it's an amazing version of the song. I love Birdy's voice and this song showcases it beautifully.

So those are some of the covers that I have been loving recently. If you think I've missed any fantastic covers, please let me know in comments. I'm always interested in finding new music, and discovering new versions of songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment